Recipe courtesy of the California Wild Rice Advisory Board. Created by Chef “Fat Tony” Café Fina and Domenico’s Fisherman’s Wharf Monterey, California Delicious Seafood Stew, add a crisp green salad and crusty bread for a complete meal
- 1 cup uncooked California wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 cup chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shrimp stock or clam juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 clams
- 12 mussels
- 4 cooked crab claws
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook California Wild Rice in 3 cups salted water until done – approximately 45 minutes and set aside.
- Sauté celery, onions and carrots in olive oil until soft. Add chopped chicken breast and sauté several minutes. Add chicken stock, shrimp stock, cooked California Wild Rice and seasonings. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add mussels, clams and crab claws and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls, perching crab on top. Garnish with parsley.