- Serving: For 4 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Cholesterol Content: 120 mg
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Sodium Content: 1480 mg
Rice to the Rescue! Contest "Best Whole Grain Brown Rice" Winner - Gloria Pleasants
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6.5-ounce) package sun-dried tomato & basil spreadable cheese
- 3 cups cooked wild rice blend
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, pine nuts and basil. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Spray bottom of a large soup pot with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Add onions and sauté, stirring regularly for 4-6 minutes until softened. Add chicken broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; whisk in spreadable cheese until well combined. Add cooked wild rice blend, stir well, and simmer over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes to combine flavors.
- To serve: ladle bisque into individual shallow serving bowls. Mound an equal amount of the chicken mixture into the center of each serving. Serve immediately.