- Serving: For 6 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 335
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 86 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Sodium Content: 2194 mg
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Claudia Shepardson
- 4 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 2 large lemons, juiced and zested
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 (6-ounce) packages precooked, grilled chicken strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Chives, for garnish
- Lemon peel, for garnish
- Heat broth, reserving 1/4 cup, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.Meanwhile, zest lemon peel; set aside. Juice lemons; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, heavy cream and remaining 1/4 cup broth; process until smooth. Add rice mixture, remaining cooked rice, lemon juice and chicken strips to broth. Simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Add chopped chives; cook 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon peel and chives, if desired.