Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 125 mg
Explore the Wild Rice recipe contest
- 4 cups kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked wild rice, cooled
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 8 dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Place the washed, stemmed and cut kale into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, lemon juice and zest, add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Massage the kale leaves between your hands until you see the kale turn a dark, shiny green.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds by placing them in a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir the seeds with a wooden spoon until then begin to puff up and turn slightly golden. Remove the seeds from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the orange juice, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Combine the massaged kale, wild and brown rice, blueberries, apricots, pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Mix in the dressing.
- If desired, top with the crumbled feta cheese. Serve immediately.