- 1 quart Arborio rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar (use 10% extra water to cook rice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 cup Ginger ponzu tuna
- 4 teaspoons Scallion, ¼” slice on a bias
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds, toasted
- GINGER PONZU TUNA
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Tuna, sushi grade, small dice
- Fold cooked arborio rice, vinegar, and sugar together.
- Lay 1” of rice mixture onto a sheet tray lined with plastic wrap.
- Cover rice with plastic wrap and place another equally sized sheet tray with around 2-3 lbs of added weight on top of it. Let press for 2-3 hours or until rice completely cools.
- Remove rice from refrigerator and uncover. Cut rice into 8, 1”x2” rectangles.
- Fry cut rice in 350˚ oil until light golden brown.
- Top each crispy rice cake with 2 Tablespoons of Ginger Ponzu Tuna, ½ teaspoon of sliced scallion, and ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame seed.
Ginger Ponzu Tuna
- Whisk together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sriracha, and mayonnaise until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Gently fold in diced tuna until it is evenly covered.
- Reserve in the fridge until ready for use.