Patrons are sure to love this authentic Mediterranean-style rice dish complete with crumbled feta, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and olives.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups artichokes, quartered
- 2/3 cup olives, mixed varieties
- 2 cups Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, cut into long, thin strips
- Combine stock, rice, tomato sauce, and water in large stockpot. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and gently simmer 14 to 18 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add peppers and onion; sauté until peppers are soft and onion begins to caramelize. Stir in artichokes and olives, and sauté until heated through. Add to rice.
- Fold in the cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and basil to the rice mixture. Serve warm.
This rice can be served with grilled chicken breast or lamb kabobs. Medium grain rice can also be used in this recipe.