- Yield: 50
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 292
- Carbohydrate Content: 39.1 g
- Fat Content: 7.6 g
- Fiber Content: 2.9 g
- Protein Content: 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.0 g
- Sodium Content: 859 mg
- 6 pounds 4 ounces Chicken fajita meat, cooked, frozen
- 4 pounds Mango, fresh or frozen, peeled, diced
- 2 pounds Red bell peppers, raw, cut into 2-inch by ½ inch strips
- 1 quart 1 cup Peanut sauce, prepared*
- 8 pounds Brown rice, medium or long grain, cooked
- 3 ounces (2 cups) Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 100 each Lettuce, Iceberg or Boston, large whole leaves
- Lightly coat 4-inch full size steam table pans with food release spray. Place 3 lb 2 oz chicken into each pan. For 50 servings use 2 pans.
- Add to each pan 2 lb diced mango or pineapple, 1 lb red pepper strips, and 1 qt prepared peanut sauce*.
- Cover and cook in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F or above.
Critical Control Point: Heat to 135°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Stir 2 lb of hot, cooked brown rice into each pan.
Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of chopped fresh cilantro over each pan just before service.
- Place 1 cup of the Thai Chicken and Rice mixture in a serving container.
- Serve 2 large, fresh lettuce leaves with each serving for students to make their own lettuce wraps.
*For a peanut free sauce consider whisking together: 1 pt 2 oz prepared Sweet Chili Sauce and 1 pint 7 ounce pineapple juice.