Lights, Camera, Action!
- Create a video about U.S. rice, National Rice Month, and the importance of rice to your state (must be 3 minutes or less)
- Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo
- Submit your entry at www.thinkrice.com/scholarship/2017-contest-entry/
Entries must be received by October 31, 2017. Winners will be notified by November 20, 2017.
Here are some suggested themes and concepts to get the creative energy flowing!
- Promote Local Rice – spread the word about rice in your community
- Healthy Eating – share an original recipe featuring rice and other foods grown in your state, visit MyPlate, MyState for ideas
- Conservation and the Environment – highlight the sustainability story of U.S.-grown rice
- Rice Production – tell the world what rice farmers do, how they do it, and why it’s so important
Find more information at ThinkRice.com.
Three scholarship prizes, sponsored by Dow AgroSciences, totaling $8,500 will be awarded. The grand-prize winner will receive a $4,000 scholarship and a trip with a chaperone this December to the awards ceremony at the 2017 USA Rice Outlook Conference in San Antonio, Texas. The second-place winner will receive a $3,000 scholarship, and third-place $1,500.
Contest entries will be judged on creativity, quality, popularity, effectiveness in promoting U.S.-grown rice, NRM, and the importance of rice in the student’s state.
High school graduating students from rice-growing states — Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Texas.
Your entry must be accompanied by a completed and signed application form. Entries will not be returned.
- The USA Rice Federation is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected entries.
- All entries become the property of the USA Rice Federation, including all promotional and advertising rights; none will be returned.
- The USA Rice Federation reserves the right to utilize all entries in any form of promotion it deems appropriate.
- Entries will be judged by the USA Rice Federation whose decisions are final.
- Substitutions or transfer of prizes is not permitted. Contest is void where prohibited by law or company policy. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- By entering, winners agree that the prizes are awarded upon the condition that the USA Rice Federation and its members, have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
- Proof of college enrollment must be verified before funds will be administered to scholarship recipient, or the college of his/her choice. The scholarship(s) will be deemed voided if recipient(s) fail to enroll in an accredited college or university within 12 months.
Please note: High school seniors (2017-18 school year) in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Texas who have not previously won a National Rice Month Scholarship are eligible to apply with the following exclusions: children of board members of the USA Rice Federation, USA Rice Council, USA Rice Farmers, USA Rice Millers’ Association and, USA Rice Merchants’ Association; and/or children of USA Rice Federation committee members, USA Rice Federation employees or Dow AgroSciences employees. Proof of college enrollment must be verified before funds will be administered to scholarship recipient, or the college of his/her choice. The scholarship(s) will be deemed voided if recipient(s) fail to enroll in an accredited college or university within 12 months.