A hearty combination of chorizo sausage, long grain rice, eggs, cheese and vegetables make this wrap a delicious breakfast option for dining in or to-go.
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups green or red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts long grain white or brown rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 24 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 Each Flour Tortillas
- Saute chorizo in large skillet over medium high heat until lightly browned; add peppers, onions and garlic and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice and cook until mixture is hot. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Cover and keep warm.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, water, scallions, salt and pepper sauce. Pour oil into large skillet or sauté pan and heat over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook several minutes to set eggs. Continue cooking, stirring gently, until eggs are scrambled, soft and moist. Sprinkle cheese on top to melt. Remove from heat.