- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Pancetta, lardon cut, chopped
- 1 cup Trumpet mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Garlic, minced
- 1 cup U.S. medium grain white rice
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shavings
1. Cook pancetta in butter until fat is rendered and pancetta is crispy.
2. Remove pancetta bits from pan, reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.
3. Cook trumpet mushrooms and garlic in pancetta fat until fragrant.
4. Add rice to pan, cooking 1 minute.
5. Add milk and water and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook 12 minutes.
7. Add in grated Parmesan and continue to cook the rice to an al dente texture, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes more (the stirring action gives the rice a risotto like texture, stir more for a thickener result).
8. Garnish with pancetta, chopped italian parsley and Parmesan shavings.