- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
The Grand Prize winning recipe for the USA Rice Federation-SYSCO "Rice on the Menu" contest. Enjoy this twist on classic fried rice with crab meat, ham, ginger and scallion.
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger
- 1 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion
- 1 1/2 Cup Carrot
- 1 1/2 Cup Smoked Ham
- 1 Cup Scallion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Quarts Medium Grain Or Long Grain*
- 1/3 Cup Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups Crab Meat
- 12 Large Cooked Plain Omelets
- 3/4 Cup Scallion
- In large skillet, heat oil over high heat; add garlic and ginger and sauté 30 seconds. Add onion and sauté 1 minute. Stir in carrots, ham, scallions and pepper flakes and stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature. Use as directed.
- In large bowl or deep steam table pan, mix rice with cooled vegetable-ham mixture. Mix in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar.
- For Each Serving: To cook to order, in a hot non-stick skillet over high heat, stir-fry 1 cup rice mixture 1-2 minutes or until hot. Fold in 1/4 cup crab meat and 1/4 cup omelet and heat. Fold in 2 Tbsp. chopped scallion just before serving. Serve as a first course or as an accompaniment to grilled or roasted meats, poultry or fish.