- In a 2-gallon metalwork bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place 1/2 cup rice mixture into a 2-1/2-inch-square mold, pressing down to form a square cake.
- Heat oil in a tilt skillet over medium heat. Fry rice cakes for 7 to 10 minutes, flipping once or until cakes are golden in color.
- Transfer rice cakes to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until rice cakes reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Hold hot for service.
- To make 1 portion: slice 1 rice cake corner to corner, making a triangle shape. Transfer to a plate. Serve with 1/2 cup spring mix lettuce.
Optional: Serve with 2 lemon wedges and spicy mayonnaise on the side.