- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 2 cups
Serve rice bowls to use inventory, boost profits and explore your culinary creativity. This bowl fuses classic Korean flavors with tuna. Feel free to substitute any oily fish and any aromatic U.S.-grown rice.
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Ginger, Minced
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 Chile Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Napa (or Chinese) Cabbage, Finely Sliced
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 2 Cucumbers
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Chile
- 3 Tablespoons Ginger, Minced
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro Leaves, Roughly Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Dark Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Pounds Tuna Steaks
- 3 Quarts U.S. Jasmine Or U.S. Basmati Rice*
- Combine ingredients and whisk together.
- Combine ingredients and toss with just enough dressing to moisten; refrigerate. Set remaining dressing aside.
- Mix the chile, ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl; rub liberally all over tuna. Not long before serving, grill the tuna over a very hot fire and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cool for a few minutes and cut into thin slices (36 slices).
- Place about 1 cup rice in a deep bowl. Top with 3 tuna slices and a portion of cabbage salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing.