This wholesome combination of cranberries, pecans and brown rice create an ideal blend of flavors and textures to excite any meal.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Or Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Leeks
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth Or Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 4 Cups Brown Rice Or Whole Grain Blend*
- 2 Tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/3 Cup Toasted Pecans
- In skillet or sauté pan, heat oil; add leeks and sauté until tender-crisp. Add cinnamon and cook until aromatic.
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper and dried cranberries. Heat to a simmer.
- Add cooked rice and vinaigrette dressing; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with toasted pecans. Serve warm or room temperature.