- Yield: 50
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 413
- Carbohydrate Content: 58 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Sodium Content: 932 mg
Recipe developed for USA Rice by Chef Cyndie Story, PhD, RD, CC.
For a downloadable PDF of this recipe with information for 50 & 100 servings and complete nutritional information, click here (PDF).
- 4 pounds, 11 ounces Beef taco meat, thawed
- 2 quarts, 1 pint Brown rice, parboiled, uncooked
- 2 quarts, 1 pint Water
- 50 each Tortillas, whole wheat, 8-inch
- ½ No. 10 can Black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 pounds, 9 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 25 ounces Picante sauce, prepared
- 25 ounces Ranch dressing, prepared
- 3 pounds, 2 ounces Sour cream, reduced fat
- 3 pounds, 2 ounces Lettuce, shredded
- 3 pounds, 2 ounces Tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- Thaw beef taco meat overnight in refrigerator. Steam the taco meat, keeping it in the bag, for approximately 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Prepare brown rice: Lightly coat full size 2-inch steam table pan with food release spray. For 50 servings use 1 pan.
- Add 2 pounds of brown rice and 2 quart 1 pint water to the pan. Steam, uncovered, for approximately 25 minutes until rice is al dente.
*Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Hold at 135°F or higher until ready to prepare burritos.
- Hold tortillas in warmer on a lined sheet pan until ready to use.
- Combine black beans, cooked brown rice, beef taco meat, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare special sauce by combining the picante sauce and ranch dressing.
- Place a warm tortilla on a flat surface. Using a No. 40 scoop or 1 oz ladle, spread 1 oz of the special sauce on tortilla.
- Using a No. 8 scoop, place ½ cup of the beef, bean, rice and cheese mixture in the middle of the lower portion of the tortilla. Pull up the bottom of the tortillas and tuck it under the mixture. Fold in the sides and tightly roll the burrito.
- Wrap the burrito in sandwich wrap foil or paper.
*Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Using a No. 40 scoop, portion 1 oz of sour cream into container or on tray. Using a 3 oz spoodle, portion 1 oz of shredded lettuce into container or onto tray. Using a No. 16 scoop, portion 1 oz of tomatoes into container or onto tray.
- Serve with 1 ounce each of reduced fat sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes.