Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 259
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 187 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Sodium Content: 387 mg
- Ginger-Soy Sauce*
- 1 ¾ cups Lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper, ground
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- ½ cup Vegetable oil, divided
- 5 pounds 10 ounces Pasteurized egg product
- 2 pounds 9 ounces Carrots, fresh, shredded
- 5 pounds 4 ounces Peas, frozen
- 10 pounds 12 ounces Brown rice, cooked, chilled*
- 4 ounces (2 cups) Scallions, sliced
- 1 ounce (1 cup) Cilantro, fresh, minced, optional
- 2 ½ cups Ginger-Soy Sauce*
- To prepare the Ginger-Soy Sauce*: In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and hold until ready to use as directed.
Critical Control Point: Refrigerate below 41°F at least 2 hours before using as directed.
- In a tilting skillet, heat 3 tbsp oil over medium-high heat (1/3 cup for 100 servings); add egg product and sauté 3-4 minutes or until firm.
Critical Control Point: Cook to an internal temperature of 155°F or higher for 15 seconds. Remove from skillet and chop. Reserve.
Critical Control Point: Hot hold at 135°F or higher.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil; sauté carrots for 2-3 minutes. Add peas and scallions and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Mix in rice and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through. Stir in cilantro and mix well. Mix in reserved eggs and Ginger-Soy Sauce*.
Critical Control Point: Cook to an internal temperature of 165°F or higher. Critical Control Point: Hold hot at 135°F or higher for service.
- To Serve: Scoop 1 cup (two No. 8 scoops) fried rice into a bowl and serve.