- Yield: 12
Crisp garden vegetables and fresh herbs mingle with rice, feta cheese and Greek olives for a refreshing salad that can be wrapped in flatbread or served on a bed of lettuce. A sensational meal to “eat-in” or “take-out”.
- 6 cup white or brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups tomato, diced
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 12 pieces Pita Bread Or Flatbread
- 12 leaves Lettuce
- Combine rice, cucumber, tomato, green onions, parsley, and mint in large bowl.
- In small bowl stir together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over rice mixture. Toss well to coat. Stir in feta cheese and olives; cover and chill.
- To serve, line pita pockets or flatbread with lettuce. Fill with about 1 cup rice salad and roll up.