- Yield: 50
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 246
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 470 mg
Recipe developed for USA Rice by Chef Cyndie Story, PhD, RD, CC.
For a downloadable PDF of this recipe with information for 50 & 100 servings and complete nutritional information, click here (PDF).
- 9 pounds Spinach, frozen, chopped, thawed, drained well
- 5 cups Onions, fresh, diced
- 4 ounces Vegetable oil
- 76 ounces Cream of mushroom soup, condensed, canned, reduced fat & sodium
- 5 quarts 1 pint Water
- 1 pounds 8 ounces Mushrooms, canned, sliced, drained
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- 6 tablespoons Dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 pounds 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 pounds 8 ounces Brown rice, parboiled, uncooked
- 12 ounces Wild rice, uncooked
- Thaw frozen spinach in refrigerator overnight by placing frozen spinach in 2-inch perforated pan inside solid pan to drain.
- Spray each 2-inch full size steamtable pan with food release. For 50 servings use 2 pans.
- Rinse onions under running water.
- Dice onions, or use frozen diced onions.
- Sauté diced onions in vegetable oil until translucent and beginning to turn golden brown.
- Wearing gloves, press and squeeze liquid out of thawed spinach (Every 4 ½ pounds should equal 2 pounds 12 ounces after water is removed)
- Batch-mix each pan separately. In large mixing bowl, combine 38 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup and 2 ¾ qt water. Mix well.
- Add 2 pounds 12 ounces spinach, approximately 2 cups sautéed onions, 12 ounces mushrooms, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 ½ teaspoon pepper, 3 tablespoons dried parsley and 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, 3 ounces parmesan cheese, 20 ounces brown rice and 6 ounces wild rice to soup mixture. Using a whisk, stir well to combine ingredients.
- Pour 1 ½ gallons into each prepared steamtable pan.
- Bake uncovered at 325˚F for approximately 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and rice is al dente.
*Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
*Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Serve ½ cup portions using a #8 scoop.