- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 619kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Cholesterol Content: 65mg
- Fat Content: 39g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 461mg
These Chicken Berry and Brown Rice Bowls are light, refreshing, and easy to make! Greens, berries, protein, and U.S.-grown brown rice, what more could you want?!
This healthy dish is blood sugar-friendly, low glycemic, and comes to us from our friend Anne Danahy MS, RD in partnership with USA Rice.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Chicken Berry and Brown Rice Bowl
- 1/3 Cup U.S.-grown Brown Long Grain Rice
- 3/4 Cup Water or Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups Mixed Greens
- 6 Ounces Shredded Cooked Chicken Breast
- 3/4 Cup Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Onion, thin sliced
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Sunflower Seeds
To Make the Dressing
Combine the olive oil, honey, vinegar, Greek yogurt, dry mustard, onion powder, poppy seeds, and salt in a jar. Cover and shake well until everything is smooth and combined. Set the dressing aside.
To Cook the Rice
Combine the rice and water (or stock) in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to heat to low, cover, and let the rice simmer for about 40 minutes, or until cooked.
If using a rice cooker, combine the rice and liquid and turn it on. It will turn off when the rice is cooked.
If desired, chill the rice for several hours or overnight.
To Assemble the Bowls
Combine the cooked brown rice, greens, chicken breast, blackberries, strawberries, and onion in a large mixing bowl. Toss gently to combine.
Pour all (or the desired amount) of dressing over the ingredients and toss again.
Divide the mixture into two bowls. Sprinkle each portion with 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds.