- Serving: 2 dozen patties
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 72
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 24 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 142 mg
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup + 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 (6-ounce) packages frozen crab meat, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (2-ounce) jar pimiento, minced, drained
- 6 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, minced, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons green onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons red or green pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- Combine egg, egg white, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and mustard in medium bowl; whisk until blended. Stir in crab meat, rice, pimiento and cilantro. Carefully form 2 tablespoons mixture into 2-1/2-inch patty; repeat with remaining mixture, layering between sheets of wax paper. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour before cooking.
- Combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, onion, pepper, cilantro, and mustard; mix well. Cover and chill 2 hours. Makes 1 cup sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large, heavy skillet that has been coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes in batches; cook about 2-1/2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add more olive oil to skillet as necessary. Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with Mustard Creole Sauce or creole mustard.