Fall into fall with this eye-popping recipe! This Fall Wild Rice Pilaf is a gluten-free nutritious grain bowl featuring U.S.-grown Wild Rice and comes to us from our friend Maggie Michalczyk of Once Upon a Pumpkin in partnership with USA Rice.
- 1 cup U.S.-grown Wild Rice
- 1 Delicata Squash, seeded and cut into half moons
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Butternut Squash, cubed
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 1/2 cup Lacinato Kale, de-stemmed
- 1 cup Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Medium Apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan
- Pumpkin Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the delicata squash, cauliflower, and butternut squash with the avocado oil and salt and pepper. Roast for about 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In the meantime, cook the wild rice according to package directions on the stove or in a rice cooker.
- Prepare the apples, chickpeas and kale. Slightly massaging the kale with a little bit of oil so that it softens. Next, prepare the pumpkin vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the rice has cooked and the veggies have roasted, toss everything together, topping with pumpkin seeds and parmesan cheese last followed by the vinaigrette and enjoy!