- Serving: For 6 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 147
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 6 mg
Recipe courtesy of the California Wild Rice Advisory Board. Created by Executive Chef Collin Moody Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove, California Great as a spring or summer salad, or use as a side dish to duck, pork, or chicken.
- 4 cups cooked California wild rice, cooled
- 1 cup ripe Hawaiian or Mexican papaya, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup shelled pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
- Combine rice, papaya, red pepper, cilantro and onion in serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and gently stir to combine well.
- Let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight. Just before serving, fold in the toasted Pumpkin seeds.