This brown rice salad is nutritious, easy-to-make, and keeps well in the fridge! Utilizing mostly pantry staples, this recipe stars U.S.-grown long grain brown rice and is both vegan and gluten-free. This recipe comes to us from our friend @DaisyBeet in partnership with USA Rice & The FeedFeed.
- 1 Cup U.S.-grown Long Grain Brown Rice
- 15oz Can Chickpeas
- 15oz Can Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Cup Jarred Roasted Red Peppers, diced
- 2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Cup Cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Cook U.S.-grown brown rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables. Drain and rinse chickpeas and artichoke hearts. Cut artichoke hearts in half lengthwise.
- Chop up the rest of the vegetables and parsley. Set ingredients aside.
- Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients, plus a shake of salt and pepper, in a small jar. Tightly screw on the lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds – 1 minute, until dressing is creamy and cloudy looking.
- When rice is done cooking, let it cool to room temperature. Add rice to a large mixing bowl and toss with all the veggies, chickpeas, and parsley, plus a generous shake of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup of vinaigrette into the salad and toss to combine. Add more dressing, 1 tbsp at a time, to taste.