- Serving: For 6 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
"Rev Up Your Rice!" Recipe Contest Finalist- Sharyn Hill
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice, cooled
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Broil 4 inches from heat source 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned; cool.
- Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add rice, artichoke hearts, olives and basil. Combine reserved liquid from artichoke hearts and feta cheese.
- Drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.