- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 328kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Cholesterol Content: 143mg
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 993mg
- Sugar Content: 5g
This colorful rice salad features U.S.-grown brown basmati rice and comes to us from our friend Anne Danahy in partnership with USA Rice.
This easy make-ahead recipe is packed with fiber and protein and is perfect for lunch or a light dinner!
- 2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2.25 Cups U.S.-grown Brown Basmati rice, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Radishes, diced
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber, diced
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Edamame, cooked and cooled
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil, minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, minced
- 8oz Medium Shrimp, cooked and peeled
Prepare the rice according to package directions in a rice cooker or on the stove. Note: 3/4 cup of dry brown rice will make about 2 1/4 cups cooked.
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
When the rice is cooked, cool it to room temperature, and pour the dressing over the rice. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (or until it's cold) or overnight.
Place all of the vegetables and the herbs in a large mixing bowl.
Add the seasoned rice to the vegetables and toss well to combine.
Add the shrimp and toss again to combine.
Taste, and adjust seasonings with additional tamari or sriracha as desired.