- Serving: For 8 People (one 10-inch tart)
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 445
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Cholesterol Content: 86 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 398 mg
- Place pie crust in a 10-inch tart pan. Bake at 450 degrees 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place wine and cinnamon in 10-inch skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat; add pears. Reduce heat to low; cover and poach 10 minutes. Turn pears; poach 5 to 10 minutes more or until tender. Remove from wine; set aside.
- Combine rice, half and half, 1/2 cup sugar, butter and salt in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Gradually stir one-fourth of rice mixture into eggs; return egg mixture to saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour rice mixture into baked crust.
- Place pears, cut sides down, on cutting board. Cut thin lengthwise slits into each pear, one-third down from stem end. Fan pears over rice mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until rice mixture is set. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Broil tart about 4 to 5 inches from heat source 1 to 2 minutes or until top is browned. Cool before serving.