- Serving: For 6 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 140 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Sodium Content: 780 mg
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Daljeet Singh
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) container light sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 cups cooked medium or long grain rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Combine cilantro, sour cream, jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor and puree until smooth. Spoon into bowl; refrigerate.
- Combine rice, shrimp, green onions, remaining salt and pepper in food processor; pulse until texture is coarse. Shape into 12 patties*, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden; remove. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed.
- Serve with sauce and lime wedges, if desired.
*May be shaped into 24 (2-inch diameter patties) for hors oeuvres.