- Serving: For 6 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 73 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Sodium Content: 262 mg
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 wooden or metal skewers*
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine wine, lime juice, oil, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and black pepper in gallon size plastic re-sealable food bag. Add chicken, onion, red peppers and squash. Seal; toss to coat vegetables. Marinate in refrigerator 30 to 45 minutes. Remove chicken and vegetables. Place marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; keep warm.
- Alternate chicken and vegetables on skewers. Place on broiler rack coated with cooking spray; brush with marinade. Broil 4 to 6 minutes from heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning and basting frequently with marinade.
- Serve over hot rice.
*Soak wooden skewers in water before using to prevent burning. Spray metal skewers with vegetable cooking spray before using.