- Serving: For 4 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 79 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Sodium Content: 364 mg
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season insides of pounded chicken breasts with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, cheese, basil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon rice mixture on top of pounded chicken breasts; fold over and secure sides with wooden picks. Wipe off outsides of chicken breasts with paper towel.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook stuffed chicken breasts in hot oil 1 minute on each side or just until golden brown. Transfer chicken to shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.