- Serving: For 4 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 580
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Cholesterol Content: 135 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 42 g
- Sodium Content: 1540 mg
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest "Best Whole Grain Brown Rice" Winner- Debra Thomas
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia or snapper filets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 3 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 3/4 cup Manchego or Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- Place red peppers in blender or food processor; puree until smooth; set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of fish. Melt butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Set aside on separate plate; cover to keep warm.
- To pan drippings, add pureed peppers and salsa; bring to boil. Remove 1/4 cup salsa mixture; set aside.
- Stir rice into remaining salsa mixture in skillet; cook until heated, stirring frequently. Add cheese and olives; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spoon rice on platter around fish; spoon reserved sauce over fish.
- Garnish with additional olives, if desire.