- Yield: 24 Meatballs and 2 Cups Pineapple Mix
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Cholesterol Content: 120mg
- Fat Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5g
- Serving Size: 6 Meatballs & 1/2 Cup Pineapple Sauce
- Sodium Content: 890mg
- Sugar Content: 29g
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Looking for a great way to reinvent leftover rice? Look no forward than this Turkey Sausage Rice Balls and Pineapple recipe!
- Sausage Balls
- 1lb Sweet or Hot Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed
- 1 Cup Cooked U.S. White Rice
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 20oz Can Pineapple tidbits (with juice)
- 2-3 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Combine the sausage ball ingredients in a medium bowl. Shape into 24 balls, about 1-inch each.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Add the sausage balls and cook 12-14 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning frequently.*
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the pineapple mixture. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Do NOT stir. Remove from heat, gently stir to coat sausage balls evenly.
*Cook’s Note: Use a fork and tablespoon to turn balls over easily while cooking
Cook’s Note: Serve as is or over snow peas or asparagus spears, if desired.
Variation: Serve as an appetizer!