- Serving: For 10 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 137
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 34 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or other almond flavored liqueur, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is softened. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves.
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar and stir until dissolved. Add rice; stir until well blended. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in whipped topping, 1 tablespoon of liqueur and vanilla. Spoon into 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill until firm.
- To serve, unmold onto serving platter. Spoon chocolate sauce over rice pudding. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Combine cocoa and remaining tablespoons of sugar in small saucepan. Add buttermilk, mixing well. Place over medium heat, and cook until sugar dissolves. Stir in remaining tablespoon of liqueur; remove from heat.