- Serving: For 8 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 310 mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14.5-ounce can) Mexican-style or plain diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce can) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) pinto or pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or canned whole-kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chili powder and cumin; heat 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beans and corn; stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until beans are tender.
- Serve with rice.