- 3 cups U.S. long grain white rice, cooked
- 3 cups Tofu Sofritas
- 1 cup Guacamole
- 3 tablespoons Tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cotija, crumbled
- Tofu Sofritas
- 16 ounces Tofu, extra firm and drained & pressed
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, kosher
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 Poblanos, roasted & minced
- 3 tablespoons Chipotles, minced and in adobo
- 2 Hot house tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 10 oz can Canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- As needed Lime juice
1. Cook rice and reserve warm.
2. Prepare sofritos and hold warm until ready to use.
3. Build bowls in following order
1. In small bowl, combine tofu and spices.
2. Heat oil in pan and saute spiced tofu until golden brown.
3. Remove tofu and reserve for later use.
4. In a blender combine poblanos, chipotles, tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, and garlic, blending until smooth.
5. Add mixture to pan and bring to a simmer.
6. Add in seared tofu and rinsed beans and cook 15-20 minutes or until beans begin to soften.
7. Adjust the seasoning of the Tofu Sofritas as it cooks with lime juice and salt.