- Serving: For 6 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 144 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Sodium Content: 306 mg
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Marie Rizzio
- 8 ounces mild or hot Italian turkey sausage, removed from casing
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans Del Monte ® Diced Tomatoes-No Salt Added or Del Monte ® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano-No Salt Added
- 3 (16-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans-No Salt Added, un-drained
- Brown sausage in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.