- Caribbean shrimp and rice
- 4 1/2 Cups Rice (sub recipe)
- 6 Each Mango Guacamole, seasoned with black pepper, seared (sub recipe)
- 1/4 Cup Shrimp (sub recipe)
- 3/4 Cup Shrimp Sauce (sub recipe)
- 1 Bag Uncle Ben's Quick Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 Each Orange Bell Pepper, roasted, peeled, diced
- 1/2 Each Spanish Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Black Eyed Peas, cooked, drained
- Mango Guacamole
- 1 Each Avocado, peeled, diced
- 1/2 Each Mango, peeled, diced
- 1/2 Each Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Each Jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
- 2 Each Lime, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 8 Each Gulf Shrimp, peeled, deveined, save shells
- 2 Tbsp Jerk seasoning
Caribbean Shrimp and Rice
- Assemble in the following order
- Cook rice according to package.
- Sauté onions until soft.
- Add peppers and black eyed peas.
- Fold into cooked rice.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl
- Toss shrimp in seasoning
- Sear in hot pan until slightly blackened on each end