- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Country cooks are famous for their long cooked baked beans. This combination of hickory smoked bacon, Old Bay seasoning, rice and beans tastes like it's simmered all day over a wood stove--but it's ready in about half an hour.
- 1 Cup Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 Cup Onions
- 1/2 Cup Celery
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Peppers
- 1-1/2 Quart Long Grain Or Parboiled Rice*
- 1-1/2 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1-1/2 Cup Tomato Liquid
- 1-1/2 Cup Navy Beans
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-1/2 Teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- Cook the bacon in a rondo or large skillet over medium heat until its fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp. Add onion, celery and green pepper and sauté until tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to blend and heat through.