- 1 1/2 quarts Brown rice, cooked (use 10% extra water to cook rice)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 each Avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup Radish, sliced
- 1/2 cup Marinated mushrooms, subrecipe
- 1/2 cup Farmer’s cheese, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons Finished salt (Malden)
- MARINATED MUSHROOMS
- 1/2 cup Shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 quart Beech mushrooms, cleaned
- Fold brown rice with kosher salt.
- Lay 3/4” of rice mixture onto a sheet tray lined with plastic wrap.
- Cover rice with plastic wrap and place another equally sized sheet tray with around 2-3 lbs of added weight on top of it. Let press for 2-3 hours or until rice completely cools.
- Remove rice from refrigerator and uncover. Cut rice into 3”x4” rectangles.
- Pour vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook cut rice pieces until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Finish each toast with ¼ avocado sliced, 1 tablespoon sliced radish, 2 tablespoons marinated mushrooms, 2 tablespoons crumbled farmers cheese, and 1 teaspoon of finishing salt.
- Whisk together shallots, garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Gently fold marinate into cleaned mushrooms and let set for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before use.