- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Grilled chicken breasts are served on top of a Waldorf-style salad made with brown rice.
- 1 Quart Apples
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Quart Whole Grain Brown Rice*
- 2 1/2 Cups Celery
- 1 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1 1/2 Cup Dark Seedless Raisins
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 1 1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 12 Each Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Each Fresh Pineapples
- 3 Quarts Fresh Seasonal Fruit
- 12 Each Fresh Mint
- In large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice to coat. Let stand 5 minutes and drain. Return to bowl.
- Add rice, celery, walnuts, raisins and carrots to bowl with apples and toss gently to mix well. Hold.
- In another small bowl, mix yogurt and mayonnaise with salt and pepper; fold into apple-rice mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving as directed.
- Lay chicken breasts on full-size sheet pan. Mix spices in small bowl. Brush chicken with oil on all sides and sprinkle evenly with spice mixture. Broil, grill or bake chicken until cooked through. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing each into thin slices.
- Remove tops from pineapples. Cut each into quarter, length-wise. Trim away bruised leaves. To Serve: For each serving, place a pineapple quarter on a plate and top with 1 cup rice salad. Place fanned chicken breast along one side of pineapple with salad. Garnish with 1 cup fresh fruit and top with a mint sprig.