- 3/4 cup Wheat berries [farro], cooked
- 1-1/2 cups U.S. basmati brown rice, cooked
- 3/4 cups Butternut squash, cooked, mashed
- 6 tablespoons Sweet onions, sautéed
- 6 tablespoons Goat cheese crumbles
- 3 each Egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Carrot, minced
- 3 tablespoons Scallion, minced
- 3 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Black pepper
- 3 cups [as needed] Vegetable oil
- 3 cups Spring mix lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place 1/2 cup rice mixture into a 2-1/2-inch-square mold, pressing down to form a square cake.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry rice cakes for 7 to 10 minutes, flipping once or until cakes are golden in color.
- Transfer rice cakes to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until rice cakes reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
To make 1 portion
- Slice 1 rice cake corner to corner, making a triangle shape. Transfer to a plate.
- Serve with 1/2 cup spring mix lettuce.
Optional: Serve with 2 lemon wedges and spicy mayonnaise on the side.