- Prep Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 cup salad/1/2 cup crab
Crab meat compliments a simple rice salad with mushrooms, peppers, olives, scallion and basil on a bed of endive and watercress.
- 2 Quarts Long Grain Or Parboiled Rice*
- 2/3 Cup Vinaigrette
- 2 Cups Fresh White Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Pitted Ripe Olives
- 1 Cup Scallion
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 1/2 Quart Belgian Endive Leaves
- 1 1/2 Quart Watercress And Chives
- 3 Quarts Crab Meat
- 12 Lemon
- 12 Fresh Basil
- if desired Crab Legs
- In large bowl, toss rice with vinaigrette; mix well.
- In a bowl with rice, mix mushrooms, peppers, olives, scallions and basil; toss gently to mix. Adjust seasonings. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- To Serve: For each serving, place several Belgian endive leaves on a plate and top with 1/2 cup watercress and chives. Top with 1 cup rice salad and 1/2 cup crab meat. Garnish with a lemon wedge, sprig of basil and a crab leg, if desired.