Fluffy Uncle Ben’s 5-Grain Medley is tossed in a base of rendered chicken skin, smoky bacon, onion, and garlic. Topped with a juicy grilled black pepper chicken thigh and finished with a charred okra and tomato chow chow.
- Chicken Skin Jambalaya
- 4.5 Cups Chicken and Bacon Grain Medley (sub recipe)
- 6 Each Chicken Thigh, seasoned and seared
- 1/4 Cup Black Pepper, coarse
- 3/4 Cup Charred Okra Chow Chow (sub recipe)
- Chicken and Bacon Grain Medly
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Thigh Skins, rough chopped
- 3/4 Cup Bacon, rough chopped
- 3/4 Cup Yellow Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 3 Cups 5 Grain Medley
- 4 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Charred Okra Chow Chow
- 2 Cups White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Cups Okra, charred, rough chopped
- 1 Cup Roma Tomato, 1/4
Chicken Skin Jambalaya
- Assemble each plate from bottom to top in the following order:
0.75 Cup Chicken and Bacon Grain Medley
1 Each Black Pepper Chicken Thigh
2 TB Charred Okra Chow Chow
Chicken and Bacon Grain Medley
- Place bacon and chicken skins in a small sauce pot over medium heat .
- Once bacon and chicken fat are rendered and start to become crispy, remove them from the pot and mince them.
- Add onions to the pot and sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Add garlic and rice to the pot and to continue to cook for 30-45 seconds or until garlic is aromatic.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to as simmer. Continue to simmer, covered, over low heat until rice is tender.
- Fold in pepper and hold hot until ready to serve.
Charred Okra Chow Chow
- Combine white wine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar and salt has completely dissolved into the brine.
- Stir in charred okra and tomatoes. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.