Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 298
- Carbohydrate Content: 38.95 g
- Cholesterol Content: 21.41 mg
- Fat Content: 9.96 g
- Protein Content: 12.95 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.79 g
- Sodium Content: 418.08 mg
Chili Rice Bowl with Chips
- Ground beef, raw, 85% - 4 lb 8 oz
- Yellow onion, diced - 4 cups
- Chili powder - ½ cup
- Black pepper, ground - 2 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce - 3 qt 2 cups
- Pinto beans, canned, drained, rinsed - 1 gal ½ cup
- Brown rice, cooked - 1 ½ gal 1 cup
- Tortilla chips, whole grain - 1 lb 8 oz
- Reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded - 1 ¾ cup
- Brown ground beef in a tilt skillet, steam jacketed kettle or a stockpot.
- Add onions, chili powder, black pepper, cumin and salt. Stir to combine and continue to cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato sauce and pinto beans. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Pour into serving pans.
- Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Portion ½ cup cooked rice into a serving bowl using a number 8 disher. Add 2/3 cup of beef and pinto chili using a number 6 disher. Place 3 tortilla chips on the side and top chili with 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese.