- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Recipe courtesy of Chef Patrick Mould, Louisiana School of Cooking. This is one of his favorite recipes because of growing up in Crowley, Louisiana, which is surrounded by rice fields and crawfish ponds so there was never a shortage of these two local ingredients.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a medium saucepot. Sauté onions and garlic until onions begin to turn clear.
- Add thyme and flour and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to brown flour.
- Add chicken broth, Creole Seasoning, paprika and hot sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish tails. Rinse out bag crawfish tails were in with 1 tablespoon of water and add water to pot. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onions and parsley. Serve with steamed U.S. Jasmine rice.