- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
This recipe was created by our friend Ashley Marti of @LocalHaven in partnership with USA Rice and TheFeedfeed.
- 3 Cups U.S.-grown cooked long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 Shallot, sliced into thin rings
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Small English Cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 Cup Herb Mix (Cilantro, Basil, and Mint)
- Lime Fish Sauce
- 1 Small Shallot, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- Crispy Caramelized Pork
- 3 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1lb Ground Pork
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tsp Caramel Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine rice, lime juice, and salt in a large serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot rings and cook, until brown and crisped, about 5-7 minutes. Strain the shallots and let cool (and continue to crisp) onto a paper towel.
- Return pan to medium-low heat and add peanuts. Cook, stirring, until peanuts turn a medium shade of brown and become fragrant, 5–8 minutes. Add peanuts, shallots and cilantro to rice and toss together.
- Taste and add more salt and lime juice, if needed. Set aside
Lime Fish Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallots, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chile flakes, and scallions. Set aside.
Crispy Caramelized Pork
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork, breaking it up into small pieces for 3-4 pieces until no longer pink. Add the fish sauce, caramel sauce and sugar, stirring to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and cook for another 5 minutes until deeply browned. Keep stirring and spreading out the pork to cover the bottom of the skillet. Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring to avoid burning.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the green onions.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the crispy caramelized pork to the cilantro peanut rice. Top with cucumbers, cilantro, mint and basil and serve with lime wedges and the lime fish sauce.