- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
This twist on a classic incorporates a crust of rice, sausage, pepperoni, onion, garlic and seasonings, and is finished off with pizza sauce and cheeses. It's ideal for kids or patrons with and adventurous side.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion
- 5 Ounces Pepperoni
- 5 Ounces Crumbled Italian Sausage
- 3 Cups Diced Tomatoes In Juice
- 2 1/2 Cup Long Grain Rice Or Parboiled Rice
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 4 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Ounces Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 1 full-size hotel pan with non-stick spray. Hold.
- In bowl combine onions, pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes with juice, rice, garlic and oregano; mix well. Spread evenly into bottom of prepared hotel pan.
- Pour stock evenly over rice mixture in pan and stir to mix. Cover tightly with foil or lid. Bake 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat and fluff rice with fork. Gently smooth out top of rice mixture. Spread and even layer of pizza sauce over top of rice mixture. Sprinkle top evenly with cheeses. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve while hot, spooning out 1 cup mixture with topping per serving.