Crisp garden vegetables and fresh herbs mingle with rice, feta cheese and Greek olives for a refreshing salad that can be wrapped in flatbread or served on a bed of lettuce. A sensational meal to “eat-in” or “take-out”.
- 6 Cups White Or Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Seedless Cucumber
- 2 Cups Seeded Tomato
- 1 Cup Green Onions
- 1 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 12 Pita Bread Or Flatbread
- 12 Lettuce Leaves
- Combine rice, cucumber, tomato, green onions, parsley and mint in large bowl.
- In small bowl stir together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over rice mixture. Toss well to coat. Stir in feta cheese and olives; cover and chill.
- To serve, line pita pockets or flatbread with lettuce. Fill with about 1 cup rice salad and roll up.