This twist on a Cajun classic stars U.S.-grown white long grain rice.
- .75 Cup U.S.-grown White Long Grain Rice
- .25 Cup Canola Oil
- 4 Ounces Chicken Thighs, 1/4
- 5 Ounces Smoked Andouille Sausage, 1/4
- .25 Cup Yellow Onion, 1/4
- .25 Cup Green Bell Pepper, 1/4
- 2Tbsp Celery, Peeled, 1/4
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno, minced
- 2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning Blend
- .50 Tsp Thyme
- 1.25 Cup Chicken Stock
- 14oz Can Diced Tomato
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Remoulade Sauce
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning
- .50 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1. Pour canola oil into a medium sauce pot over high heat.
2. Add chicken and andouille to the pot and saute over high heat until browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
3. Add onions, bell peppers, and celery to the same pot and saute over medium heat until onions become translucent.
4. Add garlic, jalapeno, Cajun seasoning, thyme, cooked chicken thighs, and cooked andouille to the pot and continue to cook over medium heat for 30-45 seconds.
5. Add rice, chicken stock, and canned tomato to the pot and bring to a low simmer. Simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Spread onto a sheet pan to cool in the refrigerator.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, fold all ingredients together until fully combined.
2. Store in the refrigerator covered until ready to use.