The perfect shrimp accompaniment.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 7 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shrimp, mini salad size, cooked, peeled, deveined
- 2 ounces bacon, fried, well drained, diced
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over high heat. Add vegetables; reduce heat and sauté until peppers and onion begin to soften.
- Add bacon and shrimp to vegetable mixture.
- Heat oil in second skillet over high heat. Add rice and stir-fry until rice becomes shiny in appearance. Stir in vegetable mixture and rice. Taste and adjust spices. Serve with grilled shrimp and scallop kabobs.