- Korean Spam Fried Rice
- 2 Cups U.S.-Long Grain Rice, cooked and chilled
- 1/2 Cup Spam, diced 1/2
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, diced 1/4
- 1/4 Cup Gochugang Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn, grilled & cut from cob
- 1/2 Cup Kimchi, chopped
- 6 Large Egg, over easy
- 3/4 Cup Scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Gochujang Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4.5 Tbsp Gochujang
- 2 Tbsp Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
Spam Fried Rice
- Pour canola oil into a wok or large sauté pan over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, sear the spam pieces.
- Once spam is seared, reduce heat to medium-high and add yellow onion. Cool until onion becomes transluscent.
- Add rice to the pan and break apart any large chunks of rice.
- Pour in gochujang soy sauce and fold into rice until the rice is evenly covered in sauce.
- Add in corn and kimchi and cook until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve 2 cups of fried rice topped with 1 fried egg, 2 TB sliced scallions, and a 1 tsp drizzle of sesame oil.
Gochujang Soy Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until fully combined.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.